Set Up And Take Down Giant Inflatables
Giant inflatables are one of the most popular types of outdoor advertisements that businesses are adopting these days. These kinds of ads include giant slides, moon bounces, inflatable obstacle courses, etc. If you are planning to rent or buy an inflatable ad, it is better to know how to use them, i.e., put them up and take them down.
- Inflatable objects generally come rolled and tied to keep them compact. First and foremost you need to determine the venue the object needs to be set up. Be very careful, as these objects are very heavy, hence, difficult to move. Make sure that the area has enough space. There shouldn't be any low branches around; the area should be clear of all sharp objects, like nails, broken glass, etc.
- Unroll the inflatable and unfold all the extra ramps, parts, arches and platforms that may be a part of the object. Organize the item exactly the way you want it to be positioned.
- Make sure that all the zippers and vents are closed. Find out the tube or tubes that extend outside the item and are used for attaching the blower or blowers. Attach the latter and make sure that they are securely connected and without any gaps for air to escape through. Then, you need to plug the blower in and turn it on. Take a few steps back while the item gets inflated. Depending on the size of the inflatable ad, it may take anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes to achieve complete inflation.
- Once the item is totally inflated and firm, use hammer and stakes for nailing down the object in all the required areas. These generally have a looped strap or a D-ring on the edges of the object. You can find these in the mid-section and on the corners. However, make sure that all the straps are taut and that there is a bright ribbon or cone on all stakes so that no one trips over them.
- Enjoy the giant inflatables! This should be done by making sure that all the users are safe and sound. Also abide by all the restrictions regarding height, weight and health that may have been given by a manufacturer or a rental company.
- Take down the item. At the end of day, the time comes to turn off and disconnect the blower. Allow the item to deflate by opening and unzipping the vents. While the object gets deflated, you can take out all stakes. When the item gets fully deflated, fold all the extra parts, platforms, ramps, arches, etc. towards the center. Then take a long side of the item a third of the way in. Repeat the same on the other side. Now, you should be able to see the item's underside. Followed by this you can march or walk down each fold, so that extra air gets squeezed. Once you are sure that there's no air left inside the object, fold and roll it as tightly as possible and secure it with a ratchet strap. You are done!
Setting up and taking down giant inflatables may be quite a task, but that gets paid in the form of attention that it gets your brand. So, if you are thinking big on outdoor marketing, inflatables are the way to go.